Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fabric.

I used to like to think that I was pretty "in the know" about fashion and decorating and food and all of that other fun, girly, fashionista, homemaker kind of stuff.  Well, after buying a house I've come to realize that I'm not as talented as I once thought I was. Or maybe I used  to be and then I became a nurse and lost all contact with the outside world...I like that excuse better.  Anywho! Colten is soooo ready for me to start painting the house, because he knows that the sooner its painted, the sooner he gets to move in. Which is kinda unfair you know? He gets to move into the cute new house that I'm going to have worked so hard on and I have to wait until May.  If it weren't for bills, I would make him wait too. Back to paint...

Me, being probably the most indecisive person I know, could NOT pick a paint color! I mean, I probably looked at 500 colors and didn't love ANYTHING! Really, nothing?! Yeah, this is when I decided that this whole decorating thing was going to be just a little harder than I thought it was! So that's my cue to call in back-up (aka my mama and my sister).  I think they like helping me, because I like for them to make decisions for me! :) Or wait, maybe they don't like helping me but I kinda force them...? I don't know...they help and act like they like it.  So, back to the subject...I was talking with them about the colors and how I had NO idea what to do.  Well, Jes suggested that I pick fabrics before I pick colors. What?!?!?! That made complete sense! Why couldn't I just think of that! Duh Jena, go pick out the fabric and work around its colors! So off to Meridian we went, Me and Mama went to Jes's after work one day and went to this fabric store that Jes discovered.  I was excited and then I walked in and got even more excited because I saw all of these Precious prints and cute florals and neat designs...and theeeennnnn the lady that worked there started helping me.  Well, holy crap, I needed steering, not helping! I got completely overwhelmed and slightly a bit anxious.  I needed someone to say this is what you're getting, that ok? Good! Although Jes and Mama wouldn't make the final decision, they did put in their input and it helped to sway my decision! Thank goodness or we could have been stuck in there ALL DAY LONG!!!! Well then, I had to ask that woman to help me figure out how much material to buy.  So she sat me down at a table, (she told jessica to sit too, thank goodness) and she started throwing formulas at me to figure out how much fabric would be needed.  I don't do math.  I actually HATE math! And I had no clue where she was getting ANY of these numbers from.  I hope Jes knew what she was talking about because she either sold us ALOT of fabric or not enough.  I wouldn't know. 

So to my final point now...I have FABRIC for my new house!!!! I can now pick out paint colors and move forward and get to painting! I can't wait to see the finished product, I think it's going to be SO cute!!! I will try to post pictures as it progresses.  :)

This weekend is Bulldog Bash and I'm stuck at work.  Working weekends is for the birds. Enjoy your weekends if you get them. You're lucky.

Peace Out People. 

No comments:

Post a Comment