Saturday, September 25, 2010

Wedding News

I guess I could've put the last post and this one together, but I didn't think about it. 

Since I'm dedicating the blog to my wedding I should update you!

We have an engagement party coming up in less than 1 month! I'm super excited about it and I will be even more excited when I find something cute to wear! :) All of our closest friends and family will be invited! Well...except like parents and grandparents. Sorry y'all.  Anyways, Jessica and Chuck (my bro-in-law), Jenn and Justin (sis-in-law and bro) and Machele and Jonathan (cousins) are hosting and getting it all together.  A big THANK YOU shout out to all of them! (Even though only one of them knows I have a blog now)

Next - Well, I can't remember if I've revealed how many people will be in our wedding party or not so if not, here goes.  Colten and I talked alot about who all would be in our wedding and I had several girls that I just had to have and he had a few guys he wanted in it too.  So once we got to naming names and asking people...it turned out that we will have 10 bridesmaids and 10 groomsmen.  Yep, TEN.  It's alot huh. But, I say, the more, the merrier!

My bridesmaids : My sister will be around 2-4 weeks post-partum...hopefully 4 ish so she will feel good and have fun, and then there will possibly be two bridesmaids that will be pregnant.  Possibly very pregnant.  I had a dilemma.  I was stressing pretty bad because I know how things are when it comes to weddings and dresses and people and I just wanted everyone to be happy.  Well, the more I thought about it, the more upset I got. The reason being...the dresses that I picked out and LOVE are short.  Not like booty short, but knee length or just below the knee.  Now, there's no problem with this...unless you're prego and have a big (but very cute) belly poking out and making the dress come up in the front.  I was sure that I was going to have to switch dresses or I was going to lose a bridesmaid. But one of girls went to brave it out, be the guinea pig and try on the dress with a fake pregnant belly!!! And guess what....THEY WORK!!! The dresses don't hike up to far and she said that they are very forgiving! I am ECSTATIC!!!!!! Seriously, thrilled!!!! Maybe everyone will be comfortable because I already know that (prego or not) EVERYONE is going to look ADORABLE!!!! :)

My first stressful problem is pretty much solved.  I hope it all goes this smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment